Content Only Available to Members
This is a short, printable book about the Pilgrims for early fluent readers.
The book has pages for the student to cut out, read, and color, maps to follow, and reading comprehension questions to answer.
For the Teacher:
There are 2 ways to use this book!
Read it online using the interactive viewer on this page.
Print the PDF to make a short book for young readers. Make sure the pages are in the right order. Staple the pages together at the left of the page, then read the book, and optionally color the pages.
The pages are:
- The Pilgrims cover page.
- England: See where the Pilgrims left on a map of England, and read why they left. Answers: 1. England, 2. For religious freedom.
- The Pilgrims’ Voyage: Read a map that shows the Pilgrims’ voyage from England to America, color Europe and North America, and trace the Pilgrims’ voyage. Answers: 1. Atlantic Ocean, 2. SW.
- The Mayflower: Read about the Mayflower, the Pilgrims’ ship. Answers: 1. The Mayflower, 2. Massachusetts.
- America: Read about where the Pilgrims landed and settled in America. Answer: Plymouth.
- Wampanoag: Learn about the Pilgrims’ first, difficult year in America and the Native Americans who helped the Pilgrims learn to survive in their new home. Answer: The Wampanoag.
- The First Thanksgiving: Learn about the first Thanksgiving feast of the Wampanoag people and the Pilgrims.