|You might also like:||Statue of Liberty Coloring Page to Print||Statue of Liberty||Liberty Bell Coloring Printout||Liberty Bell||Today's featured page: Statue of Liberty Coloring Page to Print|
|Our subscribers' grade-level estimate for this page: 3rd - 4th|
|Go to the Answers||
Statue of Liberty Quiz
The formal name of the statue is "Liberty Enlightening the World." It pictures a woman who has escaping the chains of tyranny (the broken chains lie at her feet). Liberty's right hand holds a torch that is a symbol of liberty.
Liberty was designed by the French sculptor Frederic Auguste Bartholdi. The hollow copper statue was built in France - it was finished in July, 1884. It was brought to the USA in 350 pieces on a French ship called the "Isere" (in June, 1885). The statue was re-assembled in the USA and was completed on October 28, 1886.
There are 354 steps inside the statue and its pedestal. There are 25 viewing windows in the crown. The seven rays of Liberty's crown symbolize the seven seas and seven continents of the world. Liberty holds a tablet in her left hand that reads "July 4, 1776" (in Roman numerals), our Independence Day.
The statue is 305 feet 1 inch (93 meters) tall from the ground to the tip of the torch. The nose alone is 4 ft 6 inches (1.37 m) long.
1. The Statue of Liberty was a gift from what country? ________________________
2. In what year did the statue arrive in the USA? ________________________
3. Who designed the statue? ________________________
4. Where in the statue are 25 viewing windows located? ________________________
5. How tall is the statue? ________________________
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|