|You might also like:||Animal Math Worksheets||Reading and Interpreting Tables||Tables||Reading Tic-Tac-Toe Worksheets||Animals||Today's featured page: Earth Speeds|
| Go to the Answers
More of These Activities
Table of the Biggest Animals
Use the table to answer the questions.
|Record||Animal||Scientific name||Length||Weight||Diet Type|
|Biggest animal that ever lived|| Argentinosaurus
|Argentinosaurus huinculensis||35+m||730,000 kg||herbivore|
|Biggest living animal||blue whale||Balaenoptera musculus||33.4m||190,000+ kg||herbivore|
|Biggest land animal||African bush elephant||Loxodonta africana||10.7m||12,700 kg||herbivore|
|Tallest land animal||giraffe||Giraffa camelopardalis||5.8m||2,000 kg||herbivore|
|Biggest reptile||saltwater crocodile||Crocodylus porosus||6.3m||1,360 kg||carnivore|
|Biggest living bird||ostrich||Struthio camelus||2.8m||156 kg||omnivore|
|Biggest spider||Goliath birdeater||Heteropoda maxima||0.30m||0.15 kg||carnivore|
|Biggest insect||Goliath beetle||Goliathus goliatus + G. regius||0.115m||0.1 kg||herbivore|
|Biggest butterfly||Queen Alexandra's birdwing||Ornithoptera alexandrae||0.08m||0.012 kg||herbivore|
1. What is the biggest animal alive today? _____________________________________________
2. What animal was the biggest that ever lived? ________________________________________
3. What is the biggest insect? ________________________________________________________
4. Which animal in the table can fly? ___________________________________________________
5. What is the scientific name of the biggest living reptile? _____________________________
6. The biggest spider, the __________________________________, has a leg span of about 1 foot.
7. The average car weighs about 1800 kg. Which animal weighs about as much as a car?
8. A school bus is 11m long. Which animal is about this long? ____________________________
9. A 10-story building is about 30m tall. Which animals are/were as long as a 10-story building?
10. Are most of the biggest animals herbivores (plant-eaters) or carnivores (meat-eaters)?
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|