|You might also like:||Great Apes Printout||3rd-5th Grade Gorilla Research Activity||Mountain Gorilla Printout||Ape Activities and Quizzes to Print||3rd-5th Grade Siamang Research Activity||Today's featured page: The Woman who Lived in a Shoe Printout|
|Our subscribers' grade-level estimate for this page: 5th - 6th|
|Go to the Answers
Label Me! Printouts
Anatomy: Gorillas have very long arms (the arms are longer than the legs), and a short, bulky body with a wide chest. They are covered with black hair on most of their body (except their fingers, palms, face, armpits, and bottoms of the feet). Gorillas have a very large head with a bulging forehead, a crest on top (larger on males), tiny ears, and small, dark-brown eyes. Gorillas (like all apes) have no tail. Gorillas range from 4.6-5.6 ft (1.4-1.7 m) tall.
Diet: Gorillas are generally herbivores, eating mostly plant material. Occasionally, gorillas will eat termites and ants. An average adult male eats about 50 pounds of food a day. They rarely drink water.
1. Are gorillas mostly carnivores or herbivores? __________________________
2. Which is longer, a gorilla's arms or legs? __________________________
3. Which continent are gorillas from? __________________________
4. Do gorillas have tails? __________________________
5. What is an older male gorilla called? __________________________
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|