|You might also like:||Write Hurricane-Related Definitions - Write Definitions Quiz||Hurricane Definition - Multiple choice comprehension quiz||Hurricane Cloze Activity||Write Ten Things About Hurricanes||Hurricane Word Pieces Puzzle||Today's featured page: A Plant Word for Each Letter|
|Our subscribers' grade-level estimate for this page: 4th - 6th|
Quiz + Label the Hurricane Diagram
1. Do hurricanes rotate in a clockwise or a counterclockwise direction?______________________________________
2. Do hurricanes form over warm or cold water?________________________________
3. Do hurricanes have high or low air pressure? _________________________________
4. To be classified as a hurricane, winds in the storm must be at least ______________________________________
5. Another name for a hurricane is a _______________________________________________.
6. Similar storms in the western Pacific ocean are called____________________________.
7. Is flooding a danger associated with hurricanes? _________________
8-10. Read the definitions in the word bank below, then label the hurricane diagram.
This is a thumbnail of the Label the Hurricane Anatomy Diagram. The full-size printout is available only to site members.
To subscribe to Enchanted Learning, click here.
If you are already a site member, click here.Word Bank:
|Eye - The calm, center of the hurricane.
Eyewall - The wall of dense thunderclouds surrounding the eye. The strongest winds of the hurricane are in the eyewall.
Spiral Rainbands - A series of long, spiraling bands of rain clouds in a hurricane.
|Search the Enchanted Learning website for:|