You can make these cute little candy nests for a spring or Easter treat. These treats are great to serve at parties. You’ll need some adult supervision to melt the chocolate.
- A large mixing bowl and a spoon
- 1 cup chocolate chips and/or peanut butter chips
- 1 1/2 cups chow mein noodles and/or cereal (like crispy rice cereal, cornflakes, or crumbled-up shredded wheat)
- A muffin pan or a flat baking pan
- Aluminum foil or Waxed paper
- Candy that looks like bird eggs (peanut M&M's, jelly beans, or yogurt-covered almonds)
- Optional – Marshmallow chicks
Let the nests cool. If you like, add a marshmallow chick to each nest (glue it with peanut butter or marshmallow cream). You now have cute candy nests to eat and enjoy.
For a non-chocolate version of these nests, use marshmallows melted with a little butter instead of the chocolate mixture (use the Rice Krispies treats recipe: 3 tablespoons butter, 1 package (10 oz.) marshmallows, 6 cups cereal).