This is a simple project that makes a great toy silo you can play with afterwards. The painting part of the silo is a bit messy, so wear old clothes and work on a lot of newspaper. This project requires adult help and supervision (adults should cut the cardstock and supervise the painting).
- An oatmeal box (or another cylindrical box)
- A sheet of cardstock (or thin cardboard) for the roof
- Pencil or marker
- A compass or a plate or bowl (to help you draw a circle)
- Scissors (to cut the cardstock)
- Glue stick (or tape)
- Tempera or acrylic paint (red and white)
- Scrap newspaper (to protect the table)
Place the roof on the silo. You now have a farm silo with a removable roof!