EnchantedLearning.com is a user-supported site.
As a bonus, site members have access to a banner-ad-free version of the site, with print-friendly pages.
Click here to learn more.
(Already a member? Click here.)
Homonyms (also called homophones) are words that _____________________ like one another but have different meanings. Some homonyms are spelled the same, like "bark" (the sound a _____________________ makes) and "bark" (the outer layer of a tree trunk). Some homonyms are spelled _____________________, like "one" (the number) and "__________________" (having been victorious).
Some common homonyms that are spelled differently include:
- _____________________ (what we see with) / I (me),
- hale (healthy) / _____________________ (frozen rain),
- ____________ (short for advertisement) / __________________ (to sum),
- _______________ (a social insect) / ________________ (a female relative),
- ___________________ (an insect that lives on dogs) / ___________________ (to leave quickly),
- ___________________ (to mix bread dough) / ___________________ (to require),
- ____________________ (corn) / ____________________ (a labyrinth),
- ___________________ (simple) / ___________________ (a flying machine),
- ________________ (jewelry worn on the finger) / ___________________ (to twist the water out of),
- ___________________ (large body of water) / __________________ (to use your eyes),
- ___________________ (to cry loudly) / ___________________ (a large sea mammal).
Enchanted Learning Search
Search the Enchanted Learning website for:
EnchantedLearning.com ------ How to cite a web page